Minutes of Montpelier Bean Feast meeting 7.6.17 Attending: Shiona; Becky; Katrin; Martine; Eleanor; Sarah and Claire from Travelling Kitchen; Emily. Apologies: Claire H; Ali Updates on minutes from meeting of 03.05.17: Patreon: Emily had done some investigation and this seems like a potential source of funding. AP: Shiona to investigate further. Fairlawn summer fair: Becky can now help run the stall (update, has since agreed to take Emily’s place) and will do so with Shiona, running the bag decorating workshop. Dolphin PTA fundraising: Eleanor said that the PTA has agreed to do some fundraising for MBF and await our request! Rising Voices choir: Shiona hasRead More →

Minutes of Montpelier Bean Feast meeting 03.05.2017 Attending: Sarah; Flo; Kirsty (for Fairlawn PTA); Katrin; Claire; Martine; Eleanor (for Dolphin PTA); Shiona; Becky; Shelley (Head of Dolphin School); Ali; Emily Updates on minutes from November AGM Shiona updated us on progress since the last meeting: the crucial forms have been completed and the first aid, toilets and samba group have been confirmed for the event. A grant of £1500 from the events fund at BCC has been secured! This is £500 less than last year but much more than we would have expected given the cuts to the fund, so very positive news. Budget ShionaRead More →

  Here we go, Bean-feasters! Time to get out the face-paint, practice our table tennis and put on our creative caps. Bean Feast 2017 planning is now under-way. Please join us for our first meeting of the year on Wednesday 3rd May, 8PM at 33 Bath Buildings. Everyone is welcome – whether you’ve got an idea for this year’s event or just curious to learn more. Want to say hi but can’t make it? Not to fret – we’ll meet monthly, and in the meantime you can always send your thoughts to contact@montpelierbeanfeast.org.uk. Put the date in the calendar – Bean Feast 2017 will beRead More →

Minutes from Bean Feast AGM 2016! AGM was held Tuesday 15 November 2016 Attendees: Shiona, Ali, Emily, Becky, Katrin, Ruth and Tanya (standby on phone) Apologies from Taran Shiona kicked off the AGM by explaining how the AGM works. We need to review members for 2016/2017, go through reports from chair and treasurer, and elect core committee members for Bean Feast 2017.   Members We established that we had enough 2015/2016 members for quorate which is good as elections can be held within guidelines of BF constitution. Plus new membership forms for 2016/2017 were signed.   Chair’s report was delivered by Shiona We had aRead More →

Montpelier Beanfeast Minutes from Debrief Meeting 12/10/16   Attendees: Tanya, Katrin, Becky, Ali, Shiona, Emily, Ruth Apologies: Jenny, Taran   Agenda Levels of Commitment Budget Report Feedback Report : What went well What could be improved upon Setting a date for the AGM Activity ideas Ideas for artist workshop with schools (for the next grant application) Thank you cards   Levels of commitment. These comments are not set in stone, but are necessary to determine if we need to recruit for Beanfeast 2017 or indeed if we need to have a fallow year. Ruth – due to moving out of the area and new commitmentsRead More →

After Montpelier Bean Feast 2016, we collected feedback from our team members, volunteers, traders and the public. We sent out a feedback survey as well as compiled comments from Facebook. Please see the feedback here: 2016 MBF Feedback ReportRead More →

Our Sustainability Coordinator Jenny Briggs has put together a comprehensive report on the Montpelier Bean Feast’s sustainability for 2016. To read the full report please open MBF 2016 Sustainability Report The numbers reveal that there has been a significant reduction in waste going to landfill from the 2016 event compared to the 2015 event. At the 2015 event, 34% of waste went to landfill and this was reduced by 23% to just 11% in 2016. In addition, recycling went up from 52.49% in 2015 to 69.37% in 2016. This may have been because we managed to hand sort all of the waste on site in 2016. The foodRead More →

Next Page »